Wednesday 5 February 2014

General studies GEOGRAPHY


PREFACE

Dear Friends,

     Once you decide to start the preparation for India’s toughest and the most desired exam, the first and the foremost thing you come across is to find a good material where you could find all the related information at one source.  Unfortunately most of the material available in the market is providing a part of the syllabus.  As a student I faced the same problem and the problem still persist, therefore I decided at least for my beloved subject Geography I shall do something for the benefit of the student community. 

     Frequently, I come across the questions from the students like, “which books are sufficient for the preparation, is there any one such book which can have all the content” the answer is unfortunately NO as each book is specialized in one chapter eg: for Geomorphology Savinder singh & Strahler are the good book and for climatology D.S.Lal book is good.  If I keep on giving all the list of books the student will end up reading Geography alone.

         After referring many a books and materials available in the market and going through the syllabus of the Union Public Service Commission, Special care has been taken to ensure quality and excellence in this material.  This has been prepared keeping the preliminary part of the examination as well as Mains part of the examination. 

      I am very happy to upload this GEOGRAPHY material in my blog which can help IAS aspirants all over the country.  I feel delighted by your positive feedback.  Any suggestion for alteration or addition is welcome.  Lastly, this material is exclusively for General Studies purpose only and not for optional, I keep on updating the material as and now I find time. 


                                                                                                                              - JAYAKRISHNA.S
Free lance IAS Faculty
HYDERABAD- 20




2 comments:

  1. Sir i need to take coaching for geography classes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is any online classes of yuh sir regarding geography

    ReplyDelete